I love the rice pocket heat pack my daughter Emilie made and let me use while I was visiting her. I used it every night behind my neck and then under my lower spine. After a few days, my muscles weren’t painful anymore, and that’s BIG!
I decided to make my own, because I knew I couldn’t live without one, and then I made one for a friend in Belgium who has been sick and could probably use the comfort, just like I did. Now I’m making them for all my friends, and sending them without the rice, because it’s too heavy to mail.
1. Cut two pieces of fabric to the shape you want.
2. Sew wrong sides together on 3 sides.
3. Sew rows an inch or so wide.
4. Fill rows with rice (not too full, so it is more flexible)
5. Sew open end closed.
6. Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
7. Wrap in a thin cloth if too hot for your skin,